Friday, November 23, 2012

On Gay Men Marrying "Our" Girlfriends

This has been going around the net lately  ... as humor.  And yes, it is funny.   I get it.   But  I think I should just non-judgemntally point out that what they're ultimately saying here is that they could choose to live heterosexual lives. If anyone outside "the movement" ever dares suggest this, of course, they are publicly ripped a new one. It's the complete opposite of the movement's narrative.

But hey. It's just a joke. Right? I said it was funny.


Eh. What do I care? I've been married almost 21 years to my "girlfriend".

Here's the bottom line. It's not illegal for gays to do what they want to do or to call it what they want to call it, and as they say, "the idea of 'gay marriage' is gaining more and more acceptance".

But what they are campaigning for is legislated acceptance. Forced. Top down. All nice and fluffy bunny stuff on the outside.   But there's a bit of The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog going on here, too.

No comments: